Important Things to Know About UAE License Renewal
When you have established your company in Dubai, you must have received a trade license. The UAE Trade License is the legal document that allows you to conduct the type of business activities that are listed in trade license. In the following article, we would take a look at UAE License Renewal process. If you are doing business in Dubai, it is important that your UAE trade license is valid otherwise it would attract severe punitive actions from the authorities. So, without much further ado let us take a look at the important things that you need to know about when it comes to UAE License Renewal.
For companies that are based outside of the free zones, the Department of Economic Development (DED) is the sole authority regulates, monitors, and manages the licensing procedures for trade license. Depending on the nature of your company’s activities, your business would need to apply for one of the three types of DED licenses to operate:
- A commercial license – Necessary for any kind of trading activity
- A professional license – Required for professional service providers, craftsmen, artisans, etc.
- An industrial license – Needed for industrial or manufacturing operations
You need to go through UAE License Renewal every year to ensure that it remains valid. When it comes to UAE license renewal, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. Let us start with looking at the documents that you need.
What documents are required for UAE License renewal?
You must submit the following documents to deal with the process of UAE License Renewal. It is important that you have them with you before you apply for UAE Trade License Renewal.
- Typed (BR/1) Form
- Copy of Tenancy Contract and EJARI Registration Certificate
- Copy of the Current Business/Trade License
- Passport Copies of all Partners in the Business
Steps of the UAE License Renewal Process
The UAE License Renewal Process is quite simple and straightforward. It only involves the following steps:
- Step 1 : To start things off, you must make sure that your company’s tenancy contract is valid for a period of at least one month from the application date. So, if you are applying for UAE License Renewal in January, the contract should at least be valid till February. You would need to process your company’s tenancy contract renewal before submitting your application for UAE License Renewal to the DED.
- Step 2 : In this step, you would need to submit your application with all the required documents (given above) at a DED service centre.
- Step 3 : After you are successfully through the second step, you would need to make payment. You would receive your payment voucher from the DED and then process your payment for UAE license renewal
As soon as the payment is successfully made, the renewed UAE trade license will be printed and you would receive it. If all the required documents are in order, you will receive your payment voucher within 3 to 4 days.
The Online Process for UAE License Renewal Process
The DED recently launched online portals for UAE license renewal. If you are running a business in the UAE, then you would need to open an account before you can use the portal for renewal. You must submit personal documentation to the DED in order to activate your online account and use the system. The portal also allows you to make online payments. You only need to ensure that the registered payment account is under the owner’s name.
In usual cases, the UAE license renewal process is relatively simple. However, if there has been any change to the business like new shareholders, change of premises, or different local sponsor, etc., the process for UAE License Renewal will become different, and more complicated. This is the reason why you need to get the services of a professional business consultant
At Arab Business Consultant, we help you with UAE license renewal, changing sponsors, and other activities that are important for renewal. When you are thinking about renewing your trade license in UAE, we can take care of your worries, so you can focus on your business without any stress.